Yearex Marketing policies
Marketing is a tool. It is a way to persuade, influence and motivate a targeted audience and generate visibility. A systemic policy ensures that every part of the organization is onboard and promoting the organization in a consistent manner. A consistent image is what makes people remember you. (Think the red bullseye logo for Target.) The following policies allows Yearex group to speak with one voice and therefore meets one of the objectives of effective marketing branding. Branding defines your organization to the outside world. Companies invest heavily to have a recognizable brand. As a nonprofit, with limited funds, we have only each other’s cooperation and support to expand our visibility and define who we are. The following policies are to ensure a consistent message and image for ASIS&T.
The goal of these policies is to:
- Promote Yearex mission, goals and values
- Expand public awareness and increase visibility
- Develop positive public perceptions
- Drive marketing initiatives
- The Yearx name
- Yearex Brandmark (logo)
- Color palette
- Understand/know your audience
- Segmentation allows for even further personalization
- Crafting messages that are succinct and motivate targeted audience to take the required action
- Determining the right vehicle (or combination of) communication tools to reach said audience
Current Communication channels
- Yearex Website
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Brochures, giveaways, etc.
- Annual Meeting
- Email / blast emails
- 1. All external means of communication – print, electronic, verbal, etc. should be vetted through the
The marketing department to ensure consistency in message and imagery.
- Please allow a minimum of a 2-day turnaround time.
- b. If you are unsure if you are meeting policy guidelines, marketing supervisor is here to
work with you and your group.
- 2. All communication needing to go to the whole membership must be vetted through the
marketing supervisor to ensure consistency in message and imagery.
- 3. The Yearex group logo must appear on all print, electronic and media produced by the organization. This includes any collateral developed with partnerships.
- 4. The logo must be in one of the approved colors and font. See branding guidelines for color options attached with this document
- 5. No changes to the logo or colors are allowed without the consent of the Marketing manager
and Board President.
- 7. Taglines – taglines will be evolving and changing to meet current needs and should be used on ads, at the bottom of written communications, etc.
- 8. Diversity – when utilizing images that include people, please be conscientious that we are an international association and our imagery should reflect our policy of inclusion and diversity of the Yearex group.
- Diversity includes – age, ethnicity, gender, culture and personal identity.
- 9. Website and social pages – the Communications Officer reviews and edits the website to ensure consistency in branding and messaging. They will research and add new features to engage members and ensure a visually dynamic website as the budget allow
10.Email signatures – when sending emails on Yearex business, please identify your role in the organization. You are also encouraged to incorporate a tagline to your email signature block. If appropriate, add an Yearex tagline to your professional emails.
11- This policy will be reviewed and edit constantly. All employees will be provided with access to a copy whenever there is a change.
If a Yearex Group employee does not follow the guidelines set out in this policy, Yearex Group management will have grounds to take disciplinary action, up to and including termination.